One of the main reasons why many people fail to build a home based business is because they never received good marketing and home based business recruiting advice. I’m not going to say that my advice is the best recruiting advice, but after doing home based business for a couple of years, I sure know which advice NOT to follow. If you believe your home based business recruiting efforts are not paying off, then this blog post will help you.
Home Based Business Recruiting That Always Fails
First you need to understand the bad habits that never help you to get sales. Once you understand which things always make you fail in converting people into buyers/business partners, you will find a way for you that does work.
Here’s an example of how NOT to approach people:
Every week someone asks me if I want to write a review about his or her (brand new) product/opportunity/business. You can easily detect the reason why they ask you for a review and often it’s one of their “recruiting strategies”.
I love being pitched, but not when people are using hidden agendas. There’s really nothing wrong with asking people if they are interested in your product, service or opportunity; in fact, you HAVE to do this if you want to make the sale and making money from home is really cool. The problem is in the way it’s being done.
You are selling… it’s your profession… what you do… and it works in different ways: you’re selling a product, yourself, a dream… when you ask someone out for dinner, you also don’t say “I want to know if you like the food”.
Some other typical knockdown arguments that some people use are “I’m not trying to sell you anything”, “you don’t have to sell anything to make money, all you have to do is share it with people” or “I’m not trying to recruit you”.
The Best Home Based Business Recruiting Advice
Don’t do any of these things:
- Sum up all the benefits of the product or opportunity and talk for hours while praising your business or product/service
- Use empty marketing talk like: we are a team of professionals with 25 years of experience, this product will change your life forever, you will never find anything better than this…
Do these things instead:
- Be yourself and don’t brag about stuff; nobody for instance really cares about which car you drive
- If your prospect or potential customer asks you if you’re trying to sell him or her something, just say “yes, that’s our profession”
- Only answer on people’s questions; giving too much information scares people away
- Keep it simple and use all the marketing tools that are available; people need to understand how easy it actually is to promote something
- Be straightforward and don’t beat around the bush
Understand that home based business opportunities are often an amazing way to change your life and the way you think. Be sure to take advantage of all (online) marketing tools, marketing strategies and learn how to change your attitude towards selling.
You’re selling yourself every single day, but a home based business gives you the amazing opportunity to also make money with it.